Mold Melted Glass Studio
Zdeněk Lhotský (*1956), a founding member of the art group Tvrdohlaví (Hard Headed), graduated from the University of Applied Arts in Prague at Prof. Stanislav Libenský. Since 1994, he has been the owner of the Mould Melted Glass Studio in Pelechov at Železný Brod, Czech Republic.
He is the author of design of all vessels (cast bowls, fused slumped plates and sinks) produced by the firm Lhotský. In 1997, he was awarded the Bavarian National Award for Design for this collection.
His art works are focused on glass design, mould melted glass sculptures, window-panes, drawings, graphics, metal plastic pieces and realizations for architecture. He was also involved in dozens of interior realizations.
Representation in Collections
- Museum of Applied Arts in Prague
- Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic
- Moravian Gallery in Brno
- Museum of Glass and Jewellery in Jablonec nad Nisou
- North Bohemian Museum in Liberec
- ... and a number of private domestic and foreign art collection
Co-operation with Artists and Architects
- Karen LaMonte
- Howard Ben Tré
- Stanislav Libenský - Jaroslava Brychtová
- Anna Kopecká
- Kevin Berlin
- Peter Bremers
- Čestmír Suška
- Jaroslav Róna
- Michal Gabriel
- ... and others